Small Words That Make A Big Difference
Fit is just three letters, but it makes all the difference in the world to our well-being. Not everyone understands its importance, but everyone should. I learned the meaning of fit when I was younger and used to wear cute, but often too small, shoes with very high heels. I looked glamorous, to be sure, but it caught up with me later in terms of aching feet, back pain and shoes which just didn’t last as long as they should.
In fact, I had much the same experience with jeans back in the day. Now I’m a little older and a lot wiser and I know how important that little three letter word is, especially when it comes to love.
Has this happened to you? You meet someone who’s cute and you’re very attracted to, but you soon discover that they’re just not right for you. They don’t fit, in other words. It either caused problems in the relationship or more likely, led to the end of things, right? Opposites can attract, but you also need to have some things in common for a relationship to work out in the long run.
Here’s a few other little words that make a big difference to relationships:
1. TRUST: Without trust, you can’t have a lasting relationship. It’s the foundation everything else is built on.
2. GOALS: Where do you see your life and this relationship going in the next few months or years? Is marriage something you want? Are children? Moving to another city or country? Whatever your goals are, they should line up with those of your partner.
3. JOY: Love shouldn’t hurt. You should be able to laugh together and while there will be bad times in any relationship, the pain should never be greater than the joy. If it is, take a step back and think about how to proceed.
4. LOVE: Maybe love isn’t necessary for a fling, but for a long lasting, successful relationship, love is the glue that holds it together.
5. BOND: A mental and emotional connection. Are you comfortable spending time together? Do you feel like they’re your best friend? Whether you have a close bond with each other is a key component of a relationship which can last.
6. WOW!: As in wow factor! You can probably figure this out for yourself.
7. TOUCH: Do you kiss, cuddle, hold hands? Physical affection is a vital part of any romantic relationship.
8. SPIRITUALITY: Whatever your beliefs (or lack thereof) are, it’s important to share these core values with your partner. This doesn’t mean that you need to follow the same religious tradition, but you should have important ethical and spiritual principles in common.
9. FAITH: As in faith in your future together. If you’re both optimistic about the relationship, it speaks volumes about its chances of lasting.
10. KIND: Are you kind to each other? Are you supportive of each other’s goals and dreams? When you disagree, do you argue calmly without trying to hurt one another’s feelings? To paraphrase something someone once (very wisely) said, the way you fight can tell you how long a marriage will last.
If you make these 10 small words part of your love life, there are great things in store for you and your relationships!
So keep these 10 SMALL WORDS in your love vocabulary for longevity and years of passion and promise!